Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WHY CONCEALEDgun BLOG ?

1. With a need to work in an area with a high crime rate, I
decided to again touch a gun for the first time in 35 years.
I recently received a license to carry a concealed handgun.

2. In my search to identify the right gun to carry daily, and easily,
I reluctantly gravitated toward the KelTec P-32, knowing that it had
issues with quality, reliability, power, and use, particularly by my
frail wife, who also has a license to carry.
(second place turned out to be the stronger 22magnum revolver)

3. We both settled on the P-32, with my modifications, after gradually
eliminating the options; considering ease of carry, our needs, ballistics,
marginal effectiveness, and so on. .The P-32, using .32acp full-jacket
Euro ammo, was a difficult compromise, but won out over options that
included guns in .22mag, .32, .38, and 9mm.

4. The .32acp can deliver just 130-150 ft-lb from a mousegun,
with the faster Euro ammo, and a barrel at least 2.5" long.
For those at high risk, it's not good enough. .They should consider
a 22magnum, 38special, 380 acp fmj, or a 9mm. .They could
choose 357, 40, 45, etc; but these have noise and size issues.

5. I was a member of the Kel-Tec owners group (KTOG.org) for several
months, but I learned that there appeared to be an agenda to promote
products and mindsets, and that I could not rely on the information there,
and that safety hazard information was deleted at least once, followed by
empty explanation.

6. The "ktrange.com" site has little traffic, and some members are also
KTOG members who I learned to mistrust. . I needed this venue to warn of
problems in KT pistols and other small handguns, and related equipment,
and to reveal some things I learned about options, problems, and solutions
for small concealed guns, equipment, methods, and related matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be brief.
Inappropriate portions will be snipped.